Friday, 6 November 2015

TV is Dying!!! Or is it?

 

Yes, I believe that TV (or cable) is dying or will die out in the future. I only watch TV when there are good shows on, some examples of shows that I watch on TV with my family are Scorpion, the Flash and Once Upon A Time (which by the way, are really good shows). Some people say that the commercials are a bother but I usually don't even mind them because it provides a short break to go to the bathroom or get something. But, if these shows aren't on, my parents, my sister and I don't usually watch the shows on TV. Most times, we watch either recordings of the shows or when it is On Demand so we can watch it whenever.

The alternative to cable TV, for my family, is to watch Filipino TV shows called teleseryes (Actually, we are hooked on watching one right now.) on the laptop hooked up to the TV screen because we don't have a Filipino cable box.  It is the cheaper option instead of buying one. Another option, that is also the cheapest option, would be to have only the unlimited internet plan without cable. I also prefer using the laptop to watch these shows because I wouldn't miss an episode if I have plans that day because I could just watch it any other day.

Usually, after I finish my homework, I reach for the laptop instead of the TV remote because most of  the time, there isn't anything that I want to watch on the TV after school because there are mostly kid shows on. Instead, I would go on YouTube or another site to watch what I want when I want it instead of waiting for those shows to appear on the TV. In addition, some of the shows I want to watch are international TV shows. Some examples are anime, Korean dramas and Japanese dramas. I can only watch these on the internet on different websites because I couldn't watch them any other way.

Therefore, in my opinion, TV may not be dead within ten years but it will most likely be dead some time in the future. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually true.
    I don't even like most of what's on television anyway. The internet like you mentioned is such an easier way to watch any show than using cable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I barely watch TV anymore unless there is a good show on. My family also hooks up a computer to the TV to watch Polish shows. Most of the time I just watch YouTube or shows on computers so I also think TV will die sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I barely watch TV anymore unless there is a good show on. My family also hooks up a computer to the TV to watch Polish shows. Most of the time I just watch YouTube or shows on computers so I also think TV will die sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete